until I figure out how to link pictures from webshots, check out this site for the photos that were supposed to be on this entry-- http://community.webshots.com/user/ecornwe
Em, if you want, I can make you some space on my domain and you can upload photos directly... just let me know, and I can set you up an account on my gallery tonight.
Ok, I finally looked at the pictures... you posted a picture of yourself in your underwear on the Internet? :) Ok, what were the circumstances that required you to be in front of a group of people in your underwear??
That's write Aunt Nanc, you should be OUTRAGED at what your irresponsible daughter is doing with her education. I mean, really, she could be on spring break in the Bahamas getting wildly drunk and just exposing herself to strange island men instead of the entire Internet like normal college students. What was she thinking?
Explaining the circumstances under which I appeared in my underwear in front of 17 of my classmates, two professors, and some other random people is slightly difficult. As part of our college-sponsored trips we went to a curandera (traditional healer) one evening. She asked for volunteers who wanted to be cleansed. Naturally, I thought the experience would be fascinating at worse and helpful at best so I volunteered. It is traditional to be naked during a cleansing but this particular curandera was kind enough to let me leave my underwear on as she performed the ceremony. After an hour or so (which included blowing fire close enough to singe my hairs, spitting, etc) of cleansing, I was informed not to eat pig fat, coffee, onions, or chocolate for three days and given a protective oil to mix with spices and carnation petals and rub all over myself. My fellow K students were kind enough to post the vast majority of the pictures they took of me in my underwear on the internet as soon as we returned from the trip, asking me a few days afterward if it was okay. So I figured one more wouldn't hurt :). Plus, I wanted to show off one of my cool otter attack scars.
Ah, the internet. Take comfort in the fact that long after your friends sites are gone, the various places that archive internet sites will make your images available in case you ever decide to run for public office. This must be why there is no history of public service in my family... cause we always are doing stuff like this:)
7 comments:
can't see the photos. Out of room on Flicker?
Em, if you want, I can make you some space on my domain and you can upload photos directly... just let me know, and I can set you up an account on my gallery tonight.
Ok, I finally looked at the pictures... you posted a picture of yourself in your underwear on the Internet? :) Ok, what were the circumstances that required you to be in front of a group of people in your underwear??
Notice that it was not her mother that made the comment above.... not that it did not cross my mind.
That's write Aunt Nanc, you should be OUTRAGED at what your irresponsible daughter is doing with her education. I mean, really, she could be on spring break in the Bahamas getting wildly drunk and just exposing herself to strange island men instead of the entire Internet like normal college students. What was she thinking?
Explaining the circumstances under which I appeared in my underwear in front of 17 of my classmates, two professors, and some other random people is slightly difficult. As part of our college-sponsored trips we went to a curandera (traditional healer) one evening. She asked for volunteers who wanted to be cleansed. Naturally, I thought the experience would be fascinating at worse and helpful at best so I volunteered. It is traditional to be naked during a cleansing but this particular curandera was kind enough to let me leave my underwear on as she performed the ceremony. After an hour or so (which included blowing fire close enough to singe my hairs, spitting, etc) of cleansing, I was informed not to eat pig fat, coffee, onions, or chocolate for three days and given a protective oil to mix with spices and carnation petals and rub all over myself. My fellow K students were kind enough to post the vast majority of the pictures they took of me in my underwear on the internet as soon as we returned from the trip, asking me a few days afterward if it was okay. So I figured one more wouldn't hurt :). Plus, I wanted to show off one of my cool otter attack scars.
Ah, the internet. Take comfort in the fact that long after your friends sites are gone, the various places that archive internet sites will make your images available in case you ever decide to run for public office. This must be why there is no history of public service in my family... cause we always are doing stuff like this:)
Post a Comment