Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Was I really like this when I was 15?

Maybe I have just blocked it out of my memory, but I do not remember being that bad when I was 15. The 15-year-old I live with had her birthday last week. Yesterday, she had a bunch of friends over for a 'slumber party', but apparently no one told the girls about the slumber part of these events. They stayed up all night screaming and giggling and playing pop music in the room outside my bedroom. Fortunately, I tend not to have a problem falling asleep, or sleeping through extremely loud noises. But they even managed to wake me up a few times during the night. I don't mind since it is a one time thing, and everyone deserves to have a little fun on their birthday, but I do not remember doing the things these girls were doing. In fact, I don't think I stayed up for a whole night until college. Then again, I led a sheltered life with a 7pm bedtime and sans barbies or nintendo. She says she had fun, which makes the noise worthwhile, but some of her friends were feeling pretty sick when I saw them on my way to uni in the morning.

2 comments:

Someone on the cusp... said...

add to the list, sans telly, junk foody, and the little mermaid:)

Jen said...

I totally stayed up all night when I had slumber parties as a teenager. I'm not sure how loud we were, as one tends to forget those details, but I do remember throwing spoons around the basement at 2AM.