Thursday, October 16, 2008
Too good to be true
So after having his name invoked ad nauseum during the debates last night, it turns out Joe "the plumber" isn't a licensed plumber, nor is his name really Joe, according to this NY Times Article. I'm just glad I don't have to feel obligated to watch McCain angrily attack Obama any longer now that the debates are over. I think my favorite comment of the evening was when Obama pointed out one of McCain's (many) false accusations saying that 'even Fox News says it isn't true, and they don't usually have very good things to say about me'. From a serious perspective, however, the most telling part of the debate was when Obama was again asked if he thought Palin was qualified and he responded by complimenting her ability to energize the Republican Party, while McCain's response to the same question regarding Biden's qualifications was to attack Biden's position on the Gulf War, among other things. Other than that, the only interesting new information policy-wise to come out of this particular debate was regarding the candidate's position on education. I think Obama's plan for 4000 dollar college credits attached to foreign or domestic community service is fantastic. It may not go far toward covering private school tuition, but I think it will greatly help our image abroad as well as some of our domestic issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment