There was an amazing amount of snow there...way above my head. We neglected to take a map however so although we were supposed to be on a loop going around a frozen lake we ended up getting a little lost and walking over 3 miles before even reaching the lake then just turning around and walking the same three miles back because we were worried we were going to get even more lost. It was a great time though and I reqlly enjoyed the snow.
Mom sporting a crazy Ecuadorian hat
As I said, the snow was much taller than I was
Putting snow on your head is an excellent way to cool down during a winter workout :) Similarly eating snow is a great way to quench your thurst. Moderation in both these endeavors however is key.
I hadn't seen conifers in a long time...they looked really great topped with snow.
I tried to get mom to take a picture to show my histology professor just how high the snow was (she has never seen snow in her life) but it didn't come out quite as impressive as I had hoped.I got an e-mail today from my histology prof in Ecuador so instead of packing to go to Grandma's for a week before classes finally start again I wrote to her and my host family and a few of my Ecuadorian friends. It was the first time I had written to any of them since coming back from Quito and it felt really nice to know that I at least had some way to contact them.
By the way Becca, we got a very cool postcard in the mail from you yesterday from Patagoina. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment