I leave Maine tomorrow and today was my last day in the lab. For this year. Dave asked me earlier in the summer if I would consider returning next summer and the more I think about it the more I really want to return. So today I told him that I will definitely come back, but that we will just have to discuss the time frame because I want to spend two weeks on Beaver Island with my favorite bio prof doing field research.
To celebrate my last day, a couple of friends and I went hiking last night on the back side of the islands (where there are no tourists). We intended to go up two peaks: Parkman and Bald. However we forgot that it is getting dark much earlier now so we found ourselves stuck on top of the first one watching the sunset. We made it down with a combination of cell phone backlights and lighters but the stars were amazing. It was a good adventure to end with. Today after a morning in the lab my lab mate and I went kayaking to check out an oyster aquaculture facility across the bay. Now it's just packing and saying goodbyes.
I wish I could skip school and stay here :(
2 comments:
This is what you say after all your great experiences. Not bad to always love where you are and what you are doing. A blessed life, for sure
I, for one, look forward to seeing your smiling eyes on Sunday. We are returning Saturday and hope to see you at a Loftus BBQ Sunday with Grandma
That's awesome.
By the way "skipping school and staying here" is called graduating :)! I am *very* glad to hear you'll be there next summer, I will definitely try to visit!
Post a Comment