Thursday, March 24, 2005
I love HMSC!
I drove out to the coast today to see my mentor Pete from my internship last summer. Tim, the veterinarian who I will be working with this summer was on vacation, as was my good friend Dennis, but somewhere between the pine tree shadows through the coastal range and the sun reflecting off the ocean's waves I realized how much I miss being out there. They are currently rennovating the hospital and quarantine rooms and putting in space for me to research (!) I am pretty excited, and they are painting the bottom half of the walls blue, my favorite color, which should make up for the fact that I will be spending my summer once again under fluorescent lighting. I spent a couple of hours talking with Pete. He is the funniest person I think I will ever meet, and constantly makes fun of me. I am very sad, though, because he is probably moving to Jamaica to work with an emerging dolphin program in a month and I will never see him again. Well, I should get back to writing my grant so hopefully I can get paid to work there again in a few months
No comments:
Post a Comment