Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It's officially summer!!!

I just finished my last exam for the quarter...cell biology (yuk). Actually, it was the best cell exam I have ever taken. I knew all the pathways and all the definitions and could answer all the questions with sufficient wordiness to finally please (I hope) my human-focused professor (it helped that I actually studied for this one, if only for a few hours). Anyway, now I get to eat pizza and drink beer and listen to a lecture about sea turtles from the chair of the bio department then go bowling with the chem department and finally, one last building blocks celelbration. I guess somewhere in there I will pack :)
Keep an eye out on the news because thanks to my awesome classes this year I am smuggling a live fish and a preserved shark embryo on the plane with me. I have come up with some elaborate plans to avoid capture, ranging from swallowing the fish in a plastic bag to storing him in my water bottle (the latter seems slightly more palatable), but hopefully he will arrive home safely. Mom: don't forget to have a tank waiting for him with 24-hour old water :) I almost conned my professor into giving me a chick to take home that I could raise into a chicken, but once he found out it would have to fly with me to Oregon, he refused. Dang it.

5 comments:

Someone on the cusp... said...

Okay, I can totally envision the chick and fish and shark embryo smuggling. That seems consistent with your particularly unique personality. But beer? Am I missing something?

Water is dechlorinating as I write.

Anonymous said...

My dear, I am quite impressed by your precocious blogging skills, but I'm somewhat concerned about the inexplicable absence of a certain blonde-haired best friend character in your ruminations...What gives?

Jen said...

Just don't drop the water bottle. You're kind of hard on those things...

Becca said...

Don't smuggle too many like this Aussie: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/06/07/woman.fish.reut/

Becca said...

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/
asiapcf/06/07/woman.fish.reut/