For the past several days, I have spent evenings after work locked in a house with two dogs and two cats a block from one of the most beautiful beaches on the coast (with the bonus of having incredible tide pools). Grrr. It is all because I had to do a ton of research on the physiological stress response in fish for Tim. Don't get me wrong: I am probably one of the few people who find the topic "physiological stress response" fascinating, but I discovered shortly after I began my research that this response is a lot more complicated than it appears. After reading a few articles, my head was spinning with so many acronyms that I couldn't keep track of half of them. So, I got the great idea to make a diagram explaining the many feedback mechanisms involved. Two days and over 10 hours of work later, I had developed what I think is a pretty amazing diagram for only being able to use microsoft word. I think I will go tidepooling for a little bit with two stir-crazy cockerspaniels before doing a little more research on syngnathids.
Click the empty blue box at the top of the post if you want to see the diagram...and you know you want to see it ;)
5 comments:
You know you are very scary sometimes:)
Its possible that you are bigger geek than I am.
You know I just ran the name of your blog through Googles spanish/english translator and it said:
It throws the face back and it receives stars
Hmmm....
you can't trust automatic translators, you know...it actually means: "Throw back your head and receive the stars" (roughly). It is from a poem that I really like :)
And by the way, Becca, it may be true that I am a bigger geek than you when you add in the fact that I asked Tim if I could write these papers :)
Post a Comment