I worked all by myself today and it was pretty invigorating to realize that I was actually capable of getting everything done. We have several medical cases that need treatment at the science center and all the warm marine fish needed a serious water change. I woke up feeling very overwhelmed by all the stuff I had to get done today, especially since I wasn't going to get any help, but in the end I just felt much more empowered as I kept crossing things off my to-do list.
My mom came to visit me this evening and we went for a long walk on the beach before eating dinner at this very cool, hippie place where everything (including the kitchen) is outside and there is a playground of old ropes and barrels for kids and they have live music in the form of an old man playing a song on the guitar every now and then. I walked barefoot on the way to the beach and on the sand and now my feet are really sore from all the gravel on the way there :(
No comments:
Post a Comment