Thursday, March 08, 2007

grr...

I thought I was all done school shopping after trying desperately to escape from Ithaca during a snowstorm. But no. There's more. Cornell invited me to return for their graduate recruitment weekend which just happens to fall when I was supposed to be in Oregon relaxing and hanging out with my mom. I get into Oregon late at night on Wednesday and dding insult to injury, the only available flights to Ithaca are ones that leave early Thursday morning. I can't remove the wholly inefficient jaunt across the country because I bought a cheap ticket online and changing the itinerary will cost more than the ticket itself. Rationally, I know that I should go back to Cornell. I am still seriously considering it and I would get to meet faculty members who I am interested in working with that I didn't get the chance to meet while I was interviewing. Emotionally, I would really just like to be in one place for a while. No planes, no homework, no requirement to be extroverted. Just time to hang out with my family and my dog, and see what new swaths of forest have been clearcut since the last time I visited.
Alright, rant complete.

No comments: