Sunday, February 20, 2005

How to successfuly avoid homework

  1. Wake up early on a beautiful day and go for a run
  2. While running, go over in your head (or out loud if you are brave) all the homework you need to finish today in order to have a sane and maybe even relaxing day tomorrow
  3. Because you just ran and are now all sweaty, take a relaxing shower
  4. Even though you have over an hour until you have to be at work, consciously avoid productive activities by eating a long and drawn out breakfast
  5. Catch an early bus to work so you can suprise your coworkers by your productivity
  6. Stay after clinic closes doing miscelaneous chores (laundry, washing walls, etc)
  7. Walk home instead of taking the bus because it is a sunny day
  8. Organize your class materials so you figure out how overwhelming the homework situation is
  9. Start laundry
  10. Eat dinner with friends
  11. Chat with your mom, or other neglected friend
  12. Pick up and fold laundry
  13. Have coffee with boyfriend
  14. Go to sleep so you can get up early tomorrow and successfully avoid homework for yet another day

2 comments:

Someone on the cusp... said...

This mady me laugh out loud. In the spirit of your important message about procrastination, I think I will go for a walk up on Baker Creek and think about the work I have to do today:)

Becca said...

Wow:

1. I am incredibly excited that two people related to me have blogs. :)
2. Your study plan seems remarkably similar to my entire scholastic career -- I never like to clean, unless there's homework to be done ... probably why I'll never be a lifetime student, the concept sounds great, the reality, not so great.