I couldn't remember exactly when I was supposed to work today and I wanted to show my bug collection to the veterinarian who helped me to collect some of them. So I ended up walking the five-ish miles to work, bug collection in hand about three hours before I was supposed to be there. As I was hanging out and pretending to study entomology, I heard a woman speaking Spanish to her kids in an exam room. It turns out she's Columbian and we exchanged phone numbers (I think she may have felt sorry for me being so eager to speak Spanish with someone) and she said I could call her anytime and she would love to talk in Spanish with me. I was so excited. It's a first: I have a new friend, and she is not an insect :)
After I walked home from work my roommate Katie and I decided to go out for a celebratory dinner. We finally decided on Cosmos (pretty much the best place for dinner in Kalamazoo). We ate our spinach feta burger and sesame-encrusted tofu ginger stirfry on the balcony and listened to other people's conversations around us. We decided we should top the night off with ice cream and since I had some gift certificates from work we headed off to Cold Stone Creamery. Yum!
Otherwise, the day was fairly boring. I tried to identify a caterpillar that is eating the broccoli in one of my professor's garden, then listened to my best friend's final ecology presentation much to the confusion of her professor.
I honestly don't have that much studying to do for finals week. My two term papers are pretty much done since I wrote over 60 pages on Sunday/Monday. I just need to spend some of tomorrow studying for entomology and revise my papers. I feel kind of guilty for not studying and stressing out all week, but I just don't see any reason to.
No comments:
Post a Comment