I took an entomology class (translates to collecting bugs and running around outside at every opportunity:

(Chasing a butterfly in a field at the nature center. Look for the white dot, a cabbage butterfly. Then note how far away my net is from the butterfly. This was at the beginning of the quarter when I couldn't catch anything.)

(Identifying the final bugs for my collection)

(My entomology class exploring the MSU bug collection)

(A nest of tent caterpillars)
Entomology was my excuse to be hiking around rural Kalamazoo at every possible moment. Coordinating this year's building blocks class gave me an excuse to be outside in the city, painting, gardening, and getting my life-time dose of lead paint scraping old houses.

(My Building Blocks class)

(Scraping a porch at a Building Blocks work weekend)
There are no pictures of the rest of my quarter, but I took an amazing class on feminist Latin American poetry in Spanish with my favorite Spanish professor. I took piano lessons and trained for the K College triathlon. Unfortunately my trusty duct-taped bike broke down in the middle of the biking portion so I was only able to complete the swim and the run. I'm still working at Pet Vet, the local veterinary clinic and it continues to provide me with great distractions from school-life.
In six days I will be in Maine for the summer (I'm currently finishing up final exams) and there hopefully things will be less hectic so I can blog more regularly about happenings and of course the beautiful Acadia National Park that lies across the street from my summer home.
Thanks for the prodding to write, Gavin :)
2 comments:
Yay, Rosie lives! :)
I never tried catching a butterfly before. Even with a big net it doesn't look too easy. But it does look fun.
I'm jealous you're heading to Maine for the summer. Jen and I need to journey there one of these years. I'm heading back home in a few weeks (which is great, but not as scenic).
Whoa! Gavin's prodding worked! I totally did not expect that. ;)
Post a Comment